WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
If you are located in the European Union click here for the Data Protection Notice applicable to you.
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to complying with all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Applied Pressure Vessels and the choices you make (including your privacy settings), the products and features you use, your location, and applicable law.
The data we collect can include the following:
Name and contact data. Your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. Passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Demographic data. Data about you such as your age, gender, country, and preferred language.
Interactions. Data about your use of Applied Pressure Vessels products. In some cases, such as search queries, this is data you provide in order to make use of the products. In other cases, such as error reports, this is data we generate. Other examples of interactions data include:
- Device and usage data. Data about your device and the product and features you use, including information about your hardware and software, how our products perform, as well as your settings. For example:
- Browse History. Data about the web pages you visit.
- Device, connectivity, and configuration data. Data about your device, your device configuration, and nearby networks. For example, data about the operating systems and other software installed on your device, including product keys. In addition, IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), regional and language settings, and information about WLAN access points near your device.
- Error reports and performance data. Data about the performance of the products and any problems you experience, including error reports. Error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”) can include details of the software or hardware related to an error, contents of files opened when an error occurred, and data about other software on your device.
- Troubleshooting and Help Data. Data you provide when you contact Applied Pressure Vessels for help, such as the products you use, and other details that help us provide support. For example, contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with Applied Pressure Vessels, data about the condition of your device, and the products you use related to your help inquiry. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
- Searches and commands. Search queries and commands when you use Applied Pressure Vessels products with search or related productivity functionality.
- Voice data. Your voice data, such as the search queries or commands you speak, which may include background sounds.
- Text, inking, and typing data. Text, inking, and typing data and related information. For example, when we collect inking data, we collect information about the placement of your inking instrument on your device.
- Images. Images and related information, such as picture metadata. For example, we collect the image you provide when you use a image-enabled service.
Applied Pressure Vessels uses the data we collect to provide you rich, interactive experiences. In particular, we use data to:
- Provide our products, which includes updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request;
- Improve and develop our products;
- Personalize our products and make recommendations; and
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you relevant offers.
We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different contexts (for example, from your use of Applied Pressure Vessels products) or obtain from third parties to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience, to make informed business decisions, and for other legitimate purposes.
We share your personal data with your consent or to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorized. We also share data with Applied Pressure Vessels controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect Applied Pressure Vessels’ and its customers’ rights and property.
What Information We Collect and How We Use It
While visiting our website, or in some instances you otherwise interact with us, you may be asked to provide personal information in order to accomplish the purpose of your visit. For example, if you are exploring career opportunities you may be asked to provide your email address, residence, education, work experience, and other personal information typically found on a résumé or acquire services and goods. If you are a supplier you may be asked to identify the financial institution you use and provide account numbers. Also, you will be asked to provide your email address to subscribe to our Investor Relations email distribution list. The specific information that you may choose to provide will depend on the nature of the transaction to be completed and is always voluntary. However, we may not be able to provide you with (or acquire your) goods and services if you do not provide us with the information we request.
How We Protect Your Information
We take reasonable steps (including physical, electronic, and managerial procedures) to safeguard and secure your personal information against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access. All personal information that we collect is protected using industry standard computer security and industrial security practices.
Cookies and Other Website Technical Considerations
Our website uses modern web application methods that result in the automatic collection and storage of certain data that some may consider to be personal or personally identifiable information. This includes your Internet Protocol or IP addresses, type of browser that you use, and other technical data about your computing environment. This information is stored in server logs that we maintain and review for the purpose of improving and supporting the secure operation of our website. We use “cookies” on our website to enhance the experience of our visitors, such as retaining user preferences between sessions. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer. Cookies cannot be used to deliver viruses to your computer, they are uniquely assigned to you, and our cookies can only be read by our web servers. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies or, if you prefer, you can modify your web browser settings to decline all cookies or selectively decline cookies as they are offered. Our website may contain links to other websites. You should carefully review the privacy notices and practices of other websites, as we cannot control or be responsible for the privacy practices of sites not affiliated with Applied Companies. For further details please see our cookie statement.
With Whom We Share Your Information
Personal information collected from or about you by us will not be shared with third parties for purposes other than in support of our operations and as necessary to facilitate the purpose for which it was collected. In some cases we may share the information with service providers retained by us to provide services on our behalf. These providers will use your information only to accomplish the task for which they have been retained. Applied Pressure Vessels is a United States corporation with operations in many other countries. When you provide or we collect your personal information, including via our websites, you should expect that it will be processed and viewed in the United States. It may also be disclosed to some of our other related entities. Your use of this website constitutes your consent for any cross-border data transfer resulting from such use.
Your information may also be shared with other third parties under the following circumstances (i) if we are required to do so by law enforcement authorities or government agencies, or (ii) in connection with investigations or other efforts to prevent illegal activities or pertaining to public safety.
Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California Customers
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. (Note: Applied Companies sites do not recognize the “do not track signals” that some browsers may employ.) As discussed above, if you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes offline please click here, or for email please click here. To find out more about your opt-out rights, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Applied Pressure Vessels’ websites are not designed with the intent to collect information from children under the age of 13. We ask that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information to us while viewing our website. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected] so that we may delete the information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information. If you volunteered personal information to Applied Pressure Vessels and would like to update it, please visit the portion of this site where you submitted the information and follow the directions there to submit any changes.
We will, on request, provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you unless otherwise permitted or required by law.
How to Contact us or make a Complaint
If you have a complaint you will need to provide us with sufficient details regarding the complaint as well as any supporting evidence and/or information. A Privacy Officer will investigate the issue and determine the steps (if any) that we will undertake to resolve the complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation.